Have you developed a marketing campaign plan ready to put to work?
If you have, let’s talk about the content you need to get results.
If not, let’s build it together.
I’ll be glad to work with you, and it will give us a chance to decide if we want to work together.
If you are wondering What’s a marketing plan? …
Grab a sheet of paper and sketch this down, or print this article.
1. Write your marketing campaign goals.
Some possibilities are:
- Launch a new product or service with a sales target of $800,000 by December 31.
- Increase sales on an existing product or service by 30% by December 31.
- Introduce extra features of a product or service to generate $250,000 in upgrade revenue by December 31.
- Introduce additional features to an existing product to increase customer retention by 12% this fiscal year.
2. List what you want your marketing campaign to accomplish.
It could be something like:
- Rank #1 in Google organic search by July 31.
- Increase LinkedIn traffic by 9% by July 31.
- Grow an email list of 6,000 subscribers by August 31.
- Attract 5,000 new Instagram followers by August 31.
3. Describe the product or service you are marketing.
You will want to think through the features and benefits.
Plan how you will package the offering. Will you have product tiers? (free, premium, platinum)
Plan your support services. You will need content for that, too.
4. Define your target audiences.
Pull out and update your customer personas.
Don’t have customer personas?
Let’s set up a date and time for a Persona Workshop. Contact me to schedule your workshop.
5. Decide what content you need.
Explore what’s working:
- What’s working for your competitors?
- What’s working for you?
- How do your customers prefer to receive communication? The first answer is usually email.
6. Think about what questions your target audience will ask or what they need to know to move closer to a sale.
Map your personas to the stages of the buyer’s journey, then develop keywords related to their needs or the questions they would ask.
|How do I…?|
I want to…
|Which is best?|
Ratings and Feedback
|How can I…?|
How does it work?
If you need to work through it, contact me to schedule a Keyword Planning Workshop.
7. List marketing channels where your audiences go when they want to learn about products or services like yours.
Do you have market stats that tell you how they work for you?
- Trade shows
- Magazines (both online and print)
8. See how the competition markets its product or service.
- Who are the dominant players?
- What are they trying?
- Are they getting results?
9. Inventory the marketing campaign content you have now or what your team can create.
- Do you have content ready to go or existing content you can repurpose?
- Does your team have the skills?
- If they have the skills, do they have the time?
10. Look at your stats to see what marketing content works for you.
Do you have performance metrics for your content?
How is it performing?
11. Create a content calendar and workflow.
You can get started with spreadsheets, but you probably won’t like it.
If you have collaboration software like Slack or Teams, it’s available in your app list. If not, try one of these tools.
Schedule a free consultation online, or call me direct +1 904 650-2256